Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting back into drawing

 These are some drawings I did today. After seeing the works of several great artists last night I got inspired. It's been so long since I've sat down and really made a drawing to please myself. It's so relaxing and enjoying. It's almost like I'm slowing down my own day and smelling the flowers for a change!



Although I'm not quite pleased with my work yet. I will slowly get back into it. I do love Stella Im Hultberg's work but they are so sad to me. I can tell she's inspired by Gustav Klimt's work who is one of my favorite artists of all time. (Sidenote: You'll find that IKEA has been selling some of his work for a really great price. A great price for someone like me : )

In my art, I would like to take a new direction and paint my ladies with hope, joy, and confidence in the future. I'd like to paint women I want to inspire to be like rather than those I've been, which are usually sad and lost of hope. It's a dawn of a new age in my world. Transformation is always occuring.

No comments: